Skip to Main Content


The HUD-VASH program provides rental housing assistance vouchers specifically targeted toward homeless veterans. PHA's work closely with the US Department of Veterans Affairs. In addition to the rental assistance provided through voucher assistance, the Veterans Affairs case management provides supportive services and case management to HUD-VASH voucher holders. 

All HUD-VASH referrals are received through the US Department of Veterans Affairs case management team. All eligibility screening is conducted by the US Department of Veteran Affairs except for income eligibility and lifetime registration under a state sex offender registration program. A condition of eligibility for a HUD-VASH voucher is that the families receive VA case management services. A family's HCV assistance must be terminated if the family refuses, without good cause, to participate in required case management with the VA.

For additional information on how to receive a VASH Voucher, please contact Nicole Sears at 850.682.6600 ext. 3.